4.11.2009

June 2009 Cohort

Hello! Welcome to my little patch of net-heaven. You can call me R; I'm a Tennessee native, an Arkansas transplant, and a soon-to-be New Yorker. I'm also a roller derby player and enthusiast, a queer activist, a cat person, a non-hipster-identified hipster-music lover, and a foodie.

But none of that is why I'm starting this blog. On 12/10/08, I interviewed for New York City Teaching Fellows; on 4/10/09, I was accepted for Chemistry/General Science. I'll be using this blog as a space to organize my thoughts and record my experiences as I venture forward in the Fellows, and ultimately I hope to use it as a source of reflection as well.

So if you're also a current or prospective Fellow, if you're back in Arkansas and wondering what ever became of me, or if you just ran across my blog accidentally and took a fancy to me, stay tuned.

3 comments:

Adelaide said...

welcome to the blogosphere! if you want to check out my blog, i'm a june 2008 fellow... admittedly though, i do ramble on a number of posts!

what subject have you been assigned to?

Adelaide said...

n/m, i see you're teaching chemisty or gen sci. good luck on your journey!

R said...

I actually came across your blog a few days ago, Adelaide. Congrats on being so successful in your first year! I've enjoyed what I've read so far - I think it's helpful to hear from a Fellow who's having a good experience :). And thanks!